Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Skunk-apocalypse

What is the proper way to react to a skunk? I know what to do if a rabid dog comes bounding toward me, teeth barred, foaming at the mouth, and ready to bite my head off- act like a tree. What am I supposed to do if a skunk (only about a foot long and barely 2 inches from the ground) comes waddling toward me then raises that striped tail like peacock feathers and continues inching forward? I sure as hell am not acting like a tree.
I also don't think that scampering around in a circle emitting high pitched squeaks of fear is the proper tactic to avoid being sprayed. I tried this and did not get sprayed, but of course this could be a strange skunk. This little fellow has now approached me 4 times and I am beginning to think my luck can only last so long. I suppose I should stock up on tomato juice in case the attack does occur. In fact, we should all stock up on tomato juice. My dad encountered 5 skunks while jogging this evening. All that this could possibly mean is the skunk-apocalypse is fast approaching. Imagine, a world where skunks out number humans and waddle around spraying them with that terrible odor. First, blindness. Next, suffocation. Finally, the extermination of the human race. SKUNKAPOCALYPSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment